12

12

If you would be busy and fill your pitcher, come, O come to my lake.

若是你要忙着把水瓶灌满,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。

The water will cling round your feet and babble its secret.

湖水将回绕在你的脚边,潺潺地说出它的秘密。

The shadow of the coming rain is on the sands, and the clouds hang low upon the blue lines of the trees like the heavy hair above your eyebrows.

沙滩上有了欲来的雨云的阴影,云雾低垂在丛树的绿线上,像你眉上的浓发。

I know well the rhythm of your steps, they are beating in my heart.

我深深地熟悉你脚步的韵律,它在我心中敲击。

Come, O come to my lake, if you must fill your pitcher.

来吧,到我的湖上来吧,如果你必须把水瓶灌满。

If you would be idle and sit listless and let your pitcher float on the water, come, O come to my lake.

如果你想懒散闲坐,让你的水瓶飘浮在水面,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。

The grassy slope is green, and the wild flowers beyond number.

草坡碧绿,野花多得数不清。

Your thoughts will stray out of your dark eyes like birds from their nests.

你的思想将从你乌黑的眼眸中飞出,像鸟儿飞出窝巢。

Your veil will drop to your feet.

你的披纱将褪落到脚上。

Come, O come to my lake if you must sit idle.

来吧,如果你要闲坐,到我的湖上来吧。

If you would leave off your play and dive in the water, come, O come to my lake.

如果你想撇下嬉游跳进水里,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。

Let your blue mantle lie on the shore; the blue water will cover you and hide you.

把你的蔚蓝的丝布留在岸上;蔚蓝的水将没过你,盖住你。

The waves will stand a-tiptoe to kiss your neck and whisper in your ears.

水波将蹑足来吻你的颈项,在你耳边低语。

Come, O come to my lake, if you would dive in the water.

来吧,如果你想跳进水里,到我的湖上来吧。

If you must be mad and leap to your death, come, O come to my lake.

如果你想发狂而投入死亡,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。

It is cool and fathomlessly deep.

它是清凉的,深到无底。

It is dark like a sleep that is dreamless.

它沉黑得像无梦的睡眠。

There in its depths nights and days are one, and songs are silence.

在它的深处黑夜就是白天,歌曲就是静默。

Come, O come to my lake, if you would plunge to your death.

来吧,如果你想投入死亡,到我的湖上来吧。