第三十四首

*34.EEB

第三十四首

怀著当初一模样的心情,我说,

With the same heart, I said, I'll answer thee

我要答应你,当你叫我的小名。

As those, when thou shalt call me by my name --

唉,这分明是空的愿心!我的心

Lo, the vain promise! Is the same, the same,

还能是一模样--饱受了人生的磨折?

Perplexed and ruffled by life's strategy?

从前,我听得一声喊,就扔下花束,

When called before, I told how hastily

要不,从游戏里跳起,奔过去答应,

I dropped my flower or brake off from a game,

一路上都是我的笑容笑声在致敬,

To run and answer with the smile that came

眼星里还闪烁著方才那一片欢乐。

At play last moment, and went on with me

现在我应你,我舍下一片沉重的

Through my obedience. When I answer now,

忧思,从孤寂里惊起。可是,我的心

I drop a grave thought, break from solitude;

还是要向你飞奔,你不是我一种的

Yet still my heart goes to thee ... ponder how ...

善,而是百善所钟!我最可的人,

Not as to a single good, but all my good!

你把手按著我的心口,同意吗:孩童的

Lay thy hand on it, best one, and allow

小脚从没跑得这么快--象这血轮。

That no child's foot could run fast as this blood.